Andrew McCueSustainability Consultant, Metabolic
Doug Johnson-PoensgenCEO, Circulor
George SullivanSr. Principal and CEO, Net Zero Analysis
Jessica MarschallPresident and CEO/CFO, The Green Mission
Nicole VossDirector of Sustainability, ADS
Srijanani BhaskarIndustry Vertical Manager, DuPont
- Jun 17 2021
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Sustainable Construction and Tracking Raw Materials
Economic & environmental benefits of deconstruction, tracking materials.
About this Event
Environmental & economic benefits of deconstruction and reusing materials include preserving resources, preserving energy & water and job creation. Too many organizations continue to operate in silos & one company alone cannot accomplish maximum building material waste diversion.
You will learn what have been developed to share deconstruction best-practices and procedures, allowing other companies to enjoy similar environmental, social & economic benefits.
Tracking & reusing wood, plastic and building materials and repurposing them while lowering the carbon footprint is essential.
Other building concepts like leaving a concrete foundation in place for new construction also saves tonnages of concrete from hitting the landfill.
- 11:00 - 11:05
- Kick-off from CNZ
- Introduce CNZ plans for 2021
- 11:05 - 11:15
- ISO Certification: Why it Matters to Your Supply Chain
- How to calculate the footprint of new construction – scope of project, what to include and what’s appropriate. Defining carbon neutrality and net emissions: common misconceptions and pitfalls. Reusing deconstruction materials: a critical look at the footprint and demand side
- 11:15 - 11:35
- Sustainable Construction & Tracking Raw Materials
- “Decarbonising Construction” – second biggest carbon footprint, emitting 10% of global emissions. Exploring opportunities for green steel and cement, and raw materials traceability.
- 11:35 - 11:50
- Taking advantage of tax benefits in the new normal
- Tax deductions are available for donating used building materials, furnishings, fixtures, and appliances to charity. Individuals, pass-through entities, and corporations can take these tax deductions. Procuring an accurate and valid appraisal is critical to the tax deduction.
- 11:50 - 12:05
- Urban Mining and Research
- Construction and demolition use a huge amount of materials. Those materials represent massive amounts of Scope 3 environmental impact. Because buildings last 30-100+ years, design decisions have huge implications for material recovery or waste generation. By thinking of buildings as "mines" of material and building products, we can start to capture value. How Metabolic's urban mining tool is already being used to transform the built environment. Practical steps to create a circular/zero waste built environment.
- 12:05 - 12:20
- ADS & DuPont Partnership in Upcycling Tyvek: The Economic Benefits of a Closed Loop System
Speakers:Nicole Voss, Srijanani Bhaskar
- 12:20 - 12:50
- *Breakout and Networking*
- 12:50 - 1:00
- Closing & Next Meetings
- CNZ is proud to announce our next virtual meetings. July 22: Supply Chain Problem Solving Workshop, Aug 19: Renewable Energy Infrastructure Financing Workshop