The Companies for Zero Waste membership community presented online at https://companiesfornetzero.com/ is a member-only network for professionals seeking to achieve “Net Zero”, and creates engaged relationships with corporate leaders, investors, developers & regulators across the sustainable development ecosystem. The Companies for Zero Waste business and its associated intellectual property is owned and managed by SpecialFX Parties LLC doing business as ZW Events, 806 Morris Turnpike, Suite 3P6, Short Hills, NJ 07078.
The goals of this community include supporting members in realizing their professional and business development goals related to: Renewable Clean Energy, Carbon Tracking & Credits, Supply Chain Optimization, Environmental Engineering, Investing/Capital Raising, Biomaterials/Biofuels, Renewable Natural Gas/Hydrogen, Advanced Recycling Technologies. Companies for Zero Waste facilitates increased opportunities for collaboration, commerce, and industry development. Our webinar and networking environments are designed to facilitate the realization of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, along with the realization of specific, verifiable, positive impact outcomes according to recognized best practices, such as those developed by the Impact Management Initiative and the Global Impact Investing Network.
In order to meet the goals of this community, it’s important for members to trust that they are in a safe place that is populated by people with shared interests. As such, we request that you read and adhere to the guidelines that follow.
- Treat others online as you would treat them in real life.
- Be tolerant towards the viewpoints of others; respectfully disagree when opinions do not align.
- Be mindful that this platform is intended to facilitate trade, business development, and professional networking. This is not a forum for debates, or for the publication or sharing of information that is not aligned with the platform’s goals, or the description of a particular group or forum.
- Respect the privacy and personal information of other members.
- Communicate with courtesy and respect.
Please do not:
- Make personal attacks on, or publicly criticize other community members or member businesses.
- Use defamatory remarks or make false statements against others.
- Post prejudiced comments or profanity.
- Bully or make inflammatory remarks to other community members.
- Publish political opinions or share defamatory or critical content regarding one particular political party in favor of another. Note that this platform discourages any form of political content or favorization, and does not discriminate on the basis of political opinion, therefore we request that all members refrain from polarizing the community through the sharing of personal political opinions.
- Publish religious views or share defamatory or critical content regarding one particular religious group or otherwise protected minority group or other protected or identifiable group.
- Publish critical, hateful, defamatory or inflammatory remarks about a racial, ethnic, minority, protected or other identifiable group, or any comments or remarks that may be considered “hate speech” in accordance with US laws and guidelines on hate speech, human rights legislation, and further applicable guidelines and laws.
- Any member found in violation of the guidelines above shall have their membership revoked immediately and without prior notice. Written notice as to the reasons for the membership revocation in such instances shall be provided to the offending member in writing within five (5) business days from the date of membership revocation.
As a private, professional, membership network, Companies for Zero Waste https://companiesfornetzero.com/ is committed to the highest standards of member data security and privacy, and we do not share member information with any third parties beyond essential service providers such as our verified partners, payment processors and network security providers.
We do not partner with or share information with third-parties that are not committed to similar standards of data protection and privacy as we are.
Professional Networking Considerations
Please do not send unsolicited requests for funding, investment, support or free/pro-bono assistance to our members.
Companies for Zero Waste membership is intended to facilitate professional networking and sustainable business development, and as such, members need to respect each other’s time, professional priorities, service fees, investment priorities and strategies, and business development goals as expressed through their profiles.
Should opportunities arise for virtual pitch events, or in-person pitch events, members will be advised of these opportunities and the participation guidelines.
Use messaging/email responsibly. These tools are intended to facilitate professional communication between members, to help facilitate networking and to promote common interests.
Some examples might include:
- Inviting local members to an industry networking event or conference.
- Inviting members to a working group or forum
- Inviting members to a webinar or program related to a specific topic discussed through a Companies for Wero Waste webinar or event
- Reaching out to individual members for professional advice, in accordance with that member’s professional profile, interests and service fees.
- Requesting brochures about a member’s professional services, product or company profile.
Messaging/email and use of personal contact information made available through the Companies for Zero Waste Member Directory —including names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, industry-specific information, employment information for any commercial, advocacy, promotional, or political purpose is prohibited without prior written authorization from the member whose information is being shared.
Business Profile, Advertising and Promotion Guidelines
With regards to posts shared to or published on Companies for Zero Waste online platforms, and with regards to advertising and marketing campaigns managed by ZW Events on behalf of clients and members, the following specifications apply:
- Members and Advertisers and/or ZW Events clients and customers may be asked to provide reputable third-party substantiation to support certain claims.
- Offers for consulting, brokerage or support services; or any other products or services may not falsely claim or imply affiliation with another business, government entity, manufacturer, or association.
- Posts, messages and promotional content components must be accurate and relevant to an ultimate offer.
- Landing pages and corporate, company or business website links must lead to a fully functional web page that renders properly on all devices.
- Landing pages and corporate, company or business website links must directly relate to both the post text and the product or service that is ultimately offered to members.
- Members may not mislead other users or members of the platform with the post or message text, image or video, or a “sponsored by” label or any combination of elements.
- Images or videos must be relevant, recognizable, and appropriate to the product or service being shared with members through posts or messages. There should be a clear, simple, and logical link between the supplied image or video and the message or post shared with users and members.
- The word “free” is recognized as a strong inducement in advertising copy and/or online posts or messages that are promotional in nature. An offer may be described as “free” provided that all conditions for obtaining the “free” product or service are clearly and conspicuously disclosed. Advertising must comply with the United States Federal Trade Commission Guidelines concerning “free” offers, which may be found at FTC Guidance on Free.
- Although compliance with FTC guidelines is required, it does not equate to compliance with ZW Events advertising policies.
Disclaimer: Advertising or promotion of a member business, product or service that is associated with extreme user irritation including but not limited to Post or Message Feedback or other negative user feedback may be removed from Companies for Zero Waste platforms and communication channels, and the https://companiesfornetzero.com/ website without notice, regardless of compliance with other policies in this document, and/or prior feedback or approval from ZW Events management, or the management teams of ZW Events clients, customers or members.
Diversity, Inclusion and Non-Discrimination Considerations
Our team strives to ensure that our community members engage with each other in ways that are professional and courteous. Members need to respect one another’s privacy and dignity. By joining Companies for Zero Waste, members commit to treating people as individuals and providing equal treatment to fellow members. Equal treatment relates to non-discrimination related to member race, age, ethnic origin, religion, economic status, political opinion, gender identity, or martial status. This extends to respect and understanding for a member’s religious observance and holidays. Within this context, members are further expected not to share religious opinions or viewpoints on the platform, but may share personal needs and requests related to observances and customs.
Our community approach to diversity and inclusion involves engaging with member stakeholders, including small and medium enterprises serviced by our members, social enterprises serviced by our members, diverse and minority groups and businesses, and traditionally underserved groups as related to our members’ scope of work. Our team further adheres to a non-discriminatory approach, that involves treating all members and their stakeholders equally without preferential treatment, exclusion or any form of discrimination on the basis of race, age, ethnic origin, religion, economic status, political opinion, gender identity, or marital status.
We will take action when a member’s behavior contravenes these guidelines. Sometimes that just means giving someone a warning; other times it means revoking certain privileges or accounts entirely. At their sole discretion, our management team reserves the right to revoke any member’s subscription or membership access on the basis of violations of these guidelines.
In cases of memberships being revoked, membership fees will not be refunded.
We request that all members report behavior that violates our guidelines to email@example.com.
These Community Guidelines are governed by the State laws of New Jersey and the Federal Laws of the United Statesand are therefore applicable therein and subject to relevant considerations related to the jurisdiction of potential court proceedings, Arbitration and Mediation. Members hereby agree that any disputes shall first be attempted to be settled through an Arbitration and Mediation process prior to the commencement of any litigation processes.
By joining Companies for Zero Waste via https://companiesfornetzero.com/ and activating your membership, you are considered to be in agreement with these Community Guidelines and the terms and conditions listed above for the duration of your membership.
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Community Guidelines at any time we deem necessary. Any amendments made will be made known to Companies for Zero Waste members via announcements by electronic mail communication.