Who we are and what we represent
Thank you for choosing to be part of Companies for Zero Waste. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our website https://companiesfornetzero.com (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services“, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
Companies for Net Zero delivers significant value to our members by creating engaged relationships with corporate leaders, investors, developers & regulators.
Our virtual roundtables, workshops and invite only networking sessions are highly curated to deliver business intelligence with an eco-theme. Our mission is to curate relationships with the thought leaders striving for Net Zero.
Companies for Net Zero (SpecialFX Parties LLC doing business as ZW Events) is a limited liability company based in Short Hills, New Jersey
- Our visitors’ IP addresses and their browser user agent strings – only for the purposes of login authentication, security, spam prevention, analytics and assessments of our web traffic, marketing and communications efforts. We maintain partnerships with third-party marketing providers as described below in the section, “How we use the information we collect and receive”. Such data or history may be accessible to, or managed by, third-party applications exclusively for the maintenance of website functionality, for partnership-based marketing campaigns, and for research on the efficiency of our marketing campaigns and the extent of our web presence and online traffic.
- Our members are asked to provide their authentic first and last names. We ask for information about their businesses, their professional profile and history, and their interest in achieving “Net Zero” through their sustainability initiatives, alongside their geographical location and contact information. This information is shared with our administration team and our network of approved and vetted members. Third-parties with access to member information are limited to payment processors and providers of technical services and support related specifically to the functionality of the platform and website, as well as marketing partners with whom we maintain mutually-beneficial and values-based alignment. If any specific research studies are conducted by our team members in collaboration with an educational or research institution, we request direct member consent and engagement ahead of time.
How we use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The information collected from visitors and members through contact forms is shared within our team only, as related to https://companiesfornetzero.com/ and the particular inquiry itself. We do not share contact form inquiries, or other inquiries, with Companies for Net Zero members other than the member who submitted the form, and we do not share such inquiries with any third parties.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Member posts are moderated and require approval prior to publication. Members receive details regarding which third-party websites they may not publish links to. The general rule in place is that as a private social network, we do not accept posts that link to other social networks.
At this time, we utilize Google Search Console and CrazyEgg for analytics purposes. Both of these services relate only to public-facing information on our website, and traffic to https://companiesfornetzero.com/ as related to the website people see when they are not logged-in. We do not utilize these tools to manage or measure the behavior of logged-in members.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our team members at Companies for Net Zero and our Technical Support team at Roshem Media: https://roshem.media. In the case that we undertake any research projects, we actively consult with our members and request for their consent and active participation in such research. Furthermore, we transparently communicate with our members regarding all factors related to their data privacy. We conduct our work in such a way so that the members of our platform know exactly who they are interacting with and who has access to their data.
We maintain direct control over as many processes as we can. As necessary in connection with the above purposes, your personal data may be transferred to the Board of Directors or our authorized third-party service providers and partners. We conscientiously select and review authorized third parties when possible and review their privacy and security policies. These authorized third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of payments and technology support. Limited members of ZW Events staff or the staff working for these third parties may also access and otherwise process your personal data in connection with their job responsibilities or contractual obligations.
Some of these personnel and authorized third parties (for example payment processors) may transfer data outside of the United States or the European Union (“EU”). We take appropriate steps to ensure that data remains within jurisdictions with adequate protections for personal data and ensure that recipients of personal data from us are bound to duties of confidentiality, where relevant or appropriate. Where this is not possible, we rely on data minimization, the selection of trusted companies with privacy policies and auditable processes which we have reviewed and seek to ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place for protecting transferred data, for example Standard Contractual Clauses. For more information on the safeguards for transfer in a particular operation please contact us. We may also be required to disclose or otherwise process your personal data in the context of a regulatory audit to which we may be subject from time to time.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal grounds:
Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained for the length of time you have a membership account with us. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website https://companiesfornetzero.com/ we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time, however, they cannot change their username. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
ZW Events strongly believes that you have the right to control the use of your personal information, and that your privacy must be respected.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
We strictly limit the collection and processing of your personal data, and to the best of our abilities we will work only with other organizations who do the same. We will not use personal data that you provide to us in a manner inconsistent with the purposes for which you provided it to us, as set out below.
We do not sell, rent or lease personal data.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Community Guidelines and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
To otherwise opt-out, you may:
Access your account settings and update your preferences.
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
You may object to the processing of your personal data
You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at:
email@example.com or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes such as (but not limited to) acting in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
In further detail, you have the right to obtain from ZW Events the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay and ZW Events shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR;
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which ZW Events is subject;
- the personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR
Where ZW Events has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase the personal data, ZW Events, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform third-party controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by European Union or Member State law to which ZW Events is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in ZW Events; for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3) of the GDPR; for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) of the GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
Companies for Zero Wast has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. Companies for Zero Wast will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users and other consumers.
You have the right to obtain from ZW Events restriction of data processing where one of the following applies:
- You are contesting the accuracy of the personal data stored about you as part of your ZW Events membership, and you are requesting restriction for a period enabling the ZW Events to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and your are opposing the erasure of your personal data and requesting the restriction of its use instead;
- ZW Events no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the platform, but you require the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you object to data processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification of whether the legitimate grounds of ZW Events override the grounds that you claim.
Where processing has been restricted according to this article, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
If you have obtained restriction of data processing pursuant to paragraph 1 of this Article, you shall be informed by ZW Events before the restriction of processing is lifted.
Controls for do-not-track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Personal data shall be subject to additional safeguards to ensure this data is processed securely. For example, we work hard to ensure data is encrypted when in transit and storage, and access to this data will be strictly limited to a minimum number of individuals and subject to confidentiality commitments.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. When possible, encryption is used, both in transit and storage. Access controls within the company limit who may access information.
In the case of a personal data breach, ZW Events will, without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the personal data breach to the supervisory authority competent in accordance with Article 55 of the GDPR, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. Where the notification to the supervisory authority is not made within 72 hours, it shall be accompanied by reasons for the delay.
When the personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, ZW Events shall communicate the personal data breach to you and other affected members without undue delay. Such information will be provided to you in clear and plain language and will describe the nature of the personal data breach and contain at least the information and measures referred to in points (b), (c) and (d) of Article 33(3) of the GDPR.
Direct communication of a data breach to you or other members shall not be required if any of the following conditions are met:
- ZW Events has implemented appropriate technical and organizational protection measures, and those measures were applied to the personal data affected by the personal data breach, in particular those that render the personal data unintelligible to any person who is not authorised to access it, such as encryption;
- ZW Events has taken subsequent measures which ensure that the high risk your rights and freedoms, or those of any other members, are longer likely to materialize;
- it would involve disproportionate effort. In such a case, there shall instead be a public communication or similar measure whereby you and other members are informed in an equally effective manner.
Emails received through firstname.lastname@example.org are reviewed by staff members, sent onwards when necessary to other staff members, and deleted as quickly as possible. We do not disclose the names of senders to others outside of ZW Events, i.e. third parties, without your permission.
We utilize Microsoft Outlook as an email service provider. You can access more information about Microsoft Privacy and where your data is located by visiting this link.
We administer a mailing service for notifications by email based on interest in topics that you have explicitly indicated to us. Outgoing messages are processed by our mail service and internet providers.
Information we receive by post is collected by staff members, reviewed, and sent onwards when necessary to other staff members. These items are destroyed as soon as possible. We use our best efforts to prevent disclosure of the names of senders to third parties, consistent with our legal obligations and we endeavour to keep files secure. If the content of messages is shared with third parties, we de-identify the messages as much as possible.
We design and administer our web services to limit the amount of data collected. We endeavour to protect users and their data when we process data collected.
It is helpful to ZW Events to know how our websites are used.
To undertake analysis of how our site is used, we use tools and applications to obtain the following data::
- To know how many visitors per day visit this website
- To know which items on our site are being downloaded (e.g. PDFs, images, long-form, reports, short items)
- To identify items not found, i.e. 404s so that we can fix them
- To identify the types of operating systems being used and browsers so we can design our site accordingly
- To identify the time of day when our site is most used in case we want to do syncs and repairs (that result in our site being down temporarily)
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request by email to email@example.com . We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Please read the Policy carefully. To update your preferences, submit a request, raise any issues regarding the processing of your personal data or raise any questions, comments, or concerns about the Policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at SpecialFX Parties LLC dba ZW Events, 806 Morris Turnpike, Suite 3P6, Short Hills, NJ 07078